Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quinoa with Spinach

We aren't so much the spinach eating family. However, it is really good for you and as long as it isn't over cooked and nasty, I can eat it. Tonight when we were eating dinner, I realized I really loved it in this dish. Something about the flavors mixing together was amazing! I also used half white and half red quinoa, but you could use all white if you want to, I just enjoy a little variety. :) This meal is packed full of fiber and protein, so it is super healthy for you. It is also GF which makes it nice for those of you trying to stay away from gluten. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!


Ingredients

2 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1 can black beans drained
2 tomato, chopped
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 lime juiced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Additional salt and pepper to taste
A generous handful of fresh baby spinach Spinach

Directions

Place the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, and rinse under cold, running water until the water no longer foams. Bring the quinoa, salt, and water to a boil in a large saucepan or pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add beans the last 5 min
Once done, stir in the tomatoes, garlic, spinach, salt, pepper and cumin. Finish with lime juice.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article with literate, attention-grabbing content and loaded with valid points and thoughts. i feel most of your information is love what i might write if i could write like you.
    Shuvo,
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good article. One of the best articles I've ever read in my whole career article writing. I cannot find a article which is more helpful than this one. You've helped me a lot. Thank you, sir.

    ReplyDelete